1. Ferrites and stainless steels.
2. Other Metals.
2. Air-to-soil interface.
3. Air-to-water interface.
4. Elevated on racks.
5. Sleeved in road crossings.
6. Wall or beam penetrations.
1. External Corrosion.
2. Corrosion under insulation (CUI).
3. Internal corrosion or erosion.
Pipe Coating etc.
1. Foam or mineral wool.
2. PVC, Epoxy, coal tar epoxy.
Long Range Ultrasonic Testing And Advancing Technology for detecting and analyzing corrosion where access is limited.
1. Low costs screening with 100% coverage.
2. Focusing capability to evaluate corrosion distribution around the pipe circumstance.
3. Rapid screening typical test range 60 m from single location. Ideal conditions can achieve 350m.
4. Testing capability on pipes services up to 1200C
5. Reliable detecting of 1% – 9% cross section area loss.
6. Ideal with conventional testing is impossible or very costly, e.g: clamped, insulated, elevated, sleeved or buried pipes such as road crossing or accelerated screening is required.
1. Low Frequency ultrasound is transmitted and received from single location.
2. The guided waves used travel long distance, even in buried, sub merged or insulated pipe.
3. Response from flaws is a function on their depth and circumferential.
4. Focusing allows ultrasound energy to be concentrated into small region of pipe for detailed localized inspection.