Ultrasonic Phased Array
Phased array technology generate an ultrasonic beam with the capability of setting beam parameters, such as single, focal distance and focal point size through software. Furthermore this beam can be multiplexed over a large array. These capability open a series of new possibilities. For instance, it is possible to quickly vary the angel of the beam to scan a part without moving the probe itself. Phased array also allow the replacement of multiply probes and even mechanical component. Inspecting a part with variable angel beam also maximizes the detection regardless of the detect orientation, while optimizing signal to noise ratio.
Benefits of phased arrays
Phased array technology offers the following capabilities:
1. Software control of beam angle, focal distance and spot size.
2. Multiple angel inspection with single, small, electronically-controlled multi element probe.
3. Greater flexibility for the inspection of complex geometry.
4. High-speed scans with no moving parts.
Phased array probes
R/D Tech standard phased array transducer are divided in to four categories:
1. Angel beam probes with external wedges (1) (2)
2. Angel beam probes with integrated wedges (3)
3. Immersion probes (4)
4. Numerous accessories, such encoders (5) are also avaliable.